Download my Résumé
You can download my résumé in either PDF or plain text format.
If you would like a copy of my resume in any other format, or a physical copy, please contact me directly.
University of Washington
December 2012 through August 2015.
- Member of the Network Tools and Applications Engineering team of UW-IT
Software Development Engineer
December 2011 through December 2012
- Developed and maintained internal and external web applications supporting gift card purchasing and management as a member of the Gift Card Applications and User Interface team
January 2008 through November 2011
- Developed in-flight networking solutions for use over satellite and other links with
high latency, limited bandwidth and/or intermittent connectivity
- Collaborated on the rapid development of various applications in object-oriented Perl
using off-the-shelf and open-source components where available, in an OS X development
environment for deployment on Debian GNU/Linux systems
- Designed LIPPS, a credit card processing system that can process both live and
asynchronous transactions on aircraft in-flight entertainment systems with limited
connectivity and uses public-key cryptography to maintain data security according to
industry standards including PA-DSS/PCI-DSS; defined and documented its APIs including
the definition of XML schemas for exchanging data
- Designed numerous MySQL and SQLite database schemas for all company products,
emphasizing referential integrity and correct mapping of real-world data and
relationships, as well as recognizing and dealing with concurrency issues to ensure
data consistency at all times
- Co-wrote and maintained system description and API documents for various company products
- Co-designed and implemented, as part of a small team of developers, EMBATL, a
networking layer written in Perl utilizing Internet standards to allow aircraft systems
to communicate with terrestrial servers while in flight in a consistent manner
regardless of underlying link layer technology
- Co-designed and implemented, as part of a small team of developers, GETA, a
plugin-based aircraft data delivery and processing system written in Perl; worked with
clients to discover, document and ensure compliance with standards for data delivery
Assistant Language Teacher
Shibushi City Board of Education
August 2006 through August 2007
- Taught English at 3 public junior high schools and 6 elementary schools in the Ariake district of Shibushi City
- Taught Adult and Youth English conversation classes for the Ariake Education Division as part of Shibushi City's Lifelong Learning Program
- Helped to organize and participate in city events for the promotion of international exchange
April 2005 through July 2006
- Co-designed and implemented, as part of a small team of developers, Fourdrinier, an in-house CMS, offering a dramatic increase in the functionality, stability, compatibility and usability of The Post Online, a public website serving thousands of users
- Designed Fourdrinier's PostgreSQL database and converted and normalized years of historical data to an internally consistent format, greatly increasing the efficiency of data insertion and retrieval as well as expanding the utility of existing data
- Contributed to the layout and graphical design of The Post Online, including the creation of custom graphics
Assistant Lon-CAPA Manager
Ohio University Physics Department
September 2005 through March 2006
- Assisted with the maintenance of the Linux servers for the Lon-CAPA online course delivery system at Ohio University.
- Created an automated backup solution using Perl and rsync for the servers supporting Lon-CAPA, an online course delivery system, at Ohio University, increasing the frequency and longevity of backups while decreasing storage requirements.
America Coming Together, Mahoning County Office
June 2004 through September 2004
- Coordinated data processing efforts and managed local technical operations at the Youngstown, Ohio branch ofﬁce.
- Automated high-volume, labor-intensive data entry processes as Technical Coordinator at a branch office of America Coming Together, a voter education group, resulting in a more than ten-fold productivity increase and significant cost savings.
- Assisted with other duties such as troubleshooting, canvassing and voter registration.